Drake has been issued with a court order for the murder trial of XXXTentacion, meaning that the Canadian rapper will either have to sit for a deposition or appear before a court of law. The defence attorney issued the order for one of the suspects on trial, Dedrick Williams.
Mauricio Padilla has suggested that Drake is a potential alternative to X’s murder and has referred to the two rappers’ beef before his murder in 2018. Padilla had already tried to get Drake in for a deposition last month before the trial began and said that Drake had been correctly served but merely failed to show up.
Following that, Padilla suggested that the court issue an “order to show cause”, and the judge granted their wish. The order now means that Drake is required for a deposition on February 27th. The order reads, “If deponent Aubrey Drake Graham does not appear to deposition, he must appear before this court on Monday, February 27th, 2023, at 10 a.m. EST at so the court can determine why he should not be held in contempt.”
There is no evidence present in the case that actually links Drake to the murder of X, but Padilla has still listed him in the case, alongside several other high-profile hip-hop stars as potential witnesses, including Quavo, Joe Budden and 6ix9ine.
Back in 2017, XXXTentacion blasted Drake on social media and accused him of basing his ‘Look At Me!’ track on his own ‘KMT’ from More Life. He wrote, “If anyone tries to kill me it was @champagnepapi. I’m snitching right now.” However, X insists that his account was hacked.
Padilla made a reference to the feud and the Instagram post on Tuesday. He said, “Do you think… any detective has ever asked Drake or anybody like that? No, they never did that.” The case continues.